Saturday, May 30, 2015

The good weather arrives as I leave...

It was a bit off-putting to have clear skies yesterday and hear forecasts of high 80s arriving by Sunday--after I'm gone..

Oh, well. I raced around in the sunshine and enjoyed features which had been obscured by clouds all week. From high on Wasatch Mountain I looked down on Heber City and Deer Creek Reservoir:

 
Outside Heber City, in Midway, the residents of Wasatch County took a small mountain, built a spiral road all around it three times, and put a Veterans' Memorial on the top. On a day like today it is a poignant reminder of what America used to be:
 
 
The shadows are from four high flagpoles behind my camera.
 
 
Mounts Timpanago and Twin Peaks grace the skyline, while a small shrine honors the fallen:
 
 
 
It was hard to avoid those snow-topped mountains as one drove around:
 
 
 
 
I said farewell to Deer Creek and Jordanelle parks:
 
 
 
Now, it's time to load the car and head back to Vegas. Gotta do laundry before the next adventure!...
 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment