Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Challenges from the weather in Utah...

After an enjoyable but too brief visit from my son and his friend Rachel, during which we did a demonstration flight,


I hit the road at 4:30 A.M.for the long drive to Heber City, Utah (near Provo).By the time I began exploring my intended targets, the sky was filled with thick clouds.

Since the wind was light, I put the Phantom up for some exploratory flights. Can't wait to shoot places like Jordanelle Lake in real sunlight. There are beautiful snow-covered peaks in the distance, but they are currently covered with clouds. Hope they clear! They'll make a magnificent background...

 
 
Despite the Memorial Day holiday, the crowd was spread out. Some relaxed at the base, others hiked or jogged. In the second video below, you will see that some of them have hiked up to the base of the Middle Falls.
 
 
These falls are a challenge. They're over 650 feet in height, the light was poor, the drought has diminished the flow of snowmelt, and if I aim the camera at the upper falls I'm sure to get prop guards showing in the frame. Sigh.
 
I'll pray for better sunlight and hit it again.
 


This area is so photographically gorgeous, though, I'd be happy to come back and see it again in Summer with blue sky and blazing sunlight...



No comments:

Post a Comment