Friday, May 29, 2015

Return of the Cloud Dodger...

The day began with a beautiful clear sky, so I drove eastward out of Heber City to the Starvation State Park and reservoir (don't even ask).



Perfect! I got the drone out and launched it:


What a nice way to start the day! I drove back toward Strawberry Reservoir, where the sunny skies began to be peppered with white, innocent, fluffy clouds.  That was a clue.

The eastern end of Strawberry was dramatic with those fluffy clouds:

 
Sigh. Here's the rest of the picture:
 
 
As you suspected, my road back to Heber City went right through that storm. Think of it as God's car wash.
 
The skies were clear in the city, so I went into Deer Creek State Park and launched the Phantom. The city is at the far end of the reservoir, with the dam around to the left and behind me:
 
 
The Provo River runs westward through a scenic canyon. That snow-covered peak is Cascade Mountain, which lies behind Bridal Veil Falls:
 
 
 
There are several overlooks  along Provo Canyon Road where I could put the drone up out over the river:
 
 
Before more clouds closed in, I ran over to Jordanelle Reservoir, hoping for a patch of blue sky:
 
 
The forecast today is for clear skies on my final day. Hope springs eternal!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment