Friday, May 8, 2015

Triumph and Tragedy! Uh, no, it's just me whining again...

Page was sunny and windy, so I could get some colorful photos. The Monument Valley area was sunny and windy this morning, but deteriorated to rainy and windy.

Let's begin by seeing if my broadband here is faster than in Page. Here are some videos from  Lees Ferry and the Glen Canyon Dam complex around Page. This one shows arriving at the high hill known as the Wahweep Overlook:


Then, the peaceful small rapids on the Colorado River at Lee's Ferry:

 

 

This morning I drove from Page to Mexican Hat, Utah by way of Kayenta in Arizona. I'll be going back and forth between the two states in the next few days, hoping the wind and Sun cooperate. As I write this, the wind gusts look to be 40 miles per hour or so and the sky is dull gray.

This morning, East of Kayenta a few miles, I sought out the graceful volcanic formation known as Church Rock. I lined it up with a larger formation which lies along the road that leads North toward Monument Valley. That one is called Agathla Rock. They fit nicely in the frame together.



Telephoto time...



Then I drove North to get closer to Agathla Rock. It is quite majestic, and I hope to return on a sunny day.
 
Now it's up to the power of prayer. I am devoutly praying for better conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment