Thursday, May 28, 2015

Some actual good weather!...

With luck, the weather forecast started to go wrong yesterday (Big storm! 70% chance of rain!). Actually, there were three sunny hours in the morning and a couple in the afternoon.

I began with the Soldier Dam at Strawberry Reservoir. What a difference!  This was Tuesday:

 
and this was Wednesday morning:
 
 
Hard to miss getting dramatic shots with these conditions! This is the side bay to the right in the picture above:
 
 
Then I drove West past Deer Creek State Park:
 
 
Time to use the clear weather to capture Bridal Veil Falls at its best:
 
 
Launched the Phantom and soared!
 
 
Since the falls were what brought me here, I decided to see what the eagle sees. Piloting via the display on the Android (since I couldn't see the drone up there), I soared to the upper falls.
 
 
I returned later to try catch the Sun on the falls, but the wind was up. No flying here!  I paused by the Provo River at the base of the falls. This river shaped the canyon, and the road past the falls was built to follow it:
 
 
Since the Phantom could never handle his wind,  I put on the telephoto and watched some young hikers who had climbed to the base of the lower falls:
 
 
At this early hour today's skies look encouraging, so I think I'll drive to the colorfully-named Starvation State Park. Must be a good story in that!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment