Thursday, May 22, 2014

Uh--it's still Winter!...

Well, I leaped out of bed yesterday (Wednesday), full of high hopes in my little cabin in the woods: Thank goodness the cabin has a nice gas fireplace. The night was cold, but it was snug in here.

Ready to start the adventure, I went outside: Uh-oh.


But wait! it got worse!



Stop whining and moaning! Get out there and be positive. Expect the Sun to begin breaking up the clouds. The guardian angels will help you get the pictures.

So, late in the morning  I took a drive to Lundy Lake:



Hey, look at that! Whining and moaning worked! I don't want to make it a habit, but desperate men do desperate things.

Trying to get closer to those peaks, I drove on beyond Lundy Lake up a dirt road.


 
 Near the end was a small pond with a ring of peaks around it:



Always looking for more images, I drove up another canyon to Virginia Lake: There were still a lot of clouds, but this seemed moody enough:



I'm still waiting for clear skies to get a better elevation view of Mono Lake with good Sun on it, but this wasn't the day. This from a small overlook returning from Virginia Lakes.


Hey, guess what? It's raining again this morning (Thursday)!  Will it ever clear? Who knows? It's California!

The guardian angels just asked for a raise....

No comments:

Post a Comment