Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 4--Heh, heh...

In the end, it is true that everything comes to him who waits. Of course, I hate these trips where I have to shoot all of the good pictures in one day.

Today, I raced down to hang out with the swells at the Mammoth Mountain ski run: There are snow-covered mountains everywhere!


Enjoying the rare sunshine, I explored the lakes near Mammoth Mountain. Here is Twin Lakes, a short drive from the ski lift complex, with a nice waterfall flowing out of Lake Mamie in the far distance:


Here is the view looking back across Twin Lakes from that waterfall.


 That waterfall flows from a gorgeous lake, lined with snow-capped peaks--Lake Mamie.

 
Back on June Lake Loop near my cabin in the woods, Silver Lake is one of several we pass while driving along the June Lake Loop road:
 
 
For a change of pace, I went to the South end of Mono Lake where a large complex of mineral formations are known as the Tufa fields. There are hundreds of complexes, so I'll put a full treatment on the web site when I get home.

 
Here , a kayaker paddles on Mono Lake, looking at the formations as he passes them.
 
 
No more til I get home, but then I will have time to process some 13 Gigabytes of images and videos I shot on this glorious day.
 
Pulled out another one! The guardian angels get combat pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment