Sunday, May 18, 2014

Idaho day 3 means Jump!!...

One of the unique attractions in Twin Falls is the Perrine Bridge, a massive structure which also happens to be among the very few spots where base jumping is legal. I recorded a dozen jumpers of various skill levels, who had come in from across the country and Europe. I'll only show this young lady, who was very poised. the rest will be put up on my web site later because Blogger doesn't like the length of the clips..

 

.Watching the jumpers is a case study in human frailty. Some are overconfident, some almost timid. You can see some of  them realizing in horror that with the cameras around, they can't not jump. Much more on that when I can post all the videos on the web site.

Then, since the Sun was cooperating, I went to nearby Perrine Coulee Falls again, to see if the Sun would light it. Better, but not full Sun:


 
Have you noticed that everything in Twin Falls seems to be named Perrine? Mister Perrine was the founder and leading citizen. His efforts began the success of Twin Falls,  now a busy agricultural and cattle town. Here he is, memorialized in a statue.
 
 
 
    Since I was on a roll, I tried my luck back at Shoshone Falls. Sometimes all it takes is a rainbow to lift one's mood. The Guardian angels hadn't increased the flow of the falls, but....
 

 
As a bonus, I even found another waterfall, across the river from the main falls. The place is blessed with immense amounts of flowing water. Vegas, eat your heart out. Sigh...
 
 
Tomorrow is another adventure! I'm not sure how it will work out, but hope springs eternal.
 
One terrific bonus is that the TV in my room doesn't work. Blessed relief! Oh, wait. I may miss the announcement about the horse being elected president. Can't miss that.
 
Can you imagine jumping off the Perrine Bridge without the chute? That's my new definition of Obamunist policies...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment