Thursday, May 22, 2014

Sigh. It got even worse...

"No!" you might say. "How could it have gotten worse than Antarctica?"

How about a day of clouds and rain, with but a half-hour of any sunshine at all, even in fast-moving patches. I spent the half hour racing around, trying to take pictures while there was any chance of light on the subject.

 
There are lots of beautiful lakes here, all very close to where I'm staying--again, if only I could get good strong light on them. The mountains are majestic, especially with the freshly-fallen snow draping them and accentuating every crevice.
 
 I'm running out of days, so the next day and a half are the ball game. I desperately want lots of snow-capped pictures to compare with the Fall foliage when I visit in late September. Greedy? Perfectionist? Guilty on both, your Honor.
 

Imagine this shot from Aerie Crag under ideal conditions!:I saw it from a distance in full Sun, but by the time I could get here the !#!$!%!^! clouds had moved in.

 
Nature's colossal grandeur should make us be more understanding of our own insignificance. It's all about us--until you stand in a place like this and realize that we humans taken all together count for nothing when considered on a planetary scale: Where did we get such a high opinion of ourselves?
 
 
 
The morning will do what the morning does. The guardian angels have been struggling, but I persevere.  I have a list, if the weather will ease.
 
Wish me luck!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment