Tuesday, May 20, 2014

California welcomes(???) me back for a visit...

As expected, a long day. 500 miles of driving, part of it in driving rain, followed by sleet, snow and a residue of icy slush which had my car sliding to the edge of the paved surface several times.

There are also nearly no gas stations on the long roads , so I was running on fumes halfway here.

Frist, a nice memory from yesterday. Earl from Hawaii, was the cheerful, positive one-legged jumper.

 
I was dumfounded when Earl climbed up on the rail--in the wind--almost fell, but stayed upright and made his jump. I left the road sounds in, which these jumpers shutout to concentrate.
 
:
 
 
Today, after the long drive, I took a quick run around the June Lakes Loop, near Mono Lake and Yosemite National Park, as the rain clouds gathered.
 
At least I'm learning where some of the attractions are, even though the light failed and the rain clouds darkened everything soon after I took this:
 
 
Hoping for better conditions tomorrow. The scenery is beautiful, but will look better in lots of Sun. I'm relaxed, as this is a scouting trip for a September trip, to catch all of these places with the Fall foliage changing.
 
More to come!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment