Friday, May 16, 2014

Idaho, day 2.

When last we met, I was so tired I couldn't see straight. Today is better, but then anything would be better.

The sky was iffy this morning, but my guardian angels parted the clouds at crucial moments-- as always. I'll be crushed if they stop. Hell, I'll probably be dead if they stop.

If you like dairy cows and manure, this is your place! Thousands of them everywhere, scarfing down the hay. Yum!


Malad Gorge is a small-scale park, with a couple of nice features. Here's the Gorge:


Right beneath where I stood to take that one, there is the Devil's Punch Bowl (or, to some,
Devil's Wash Bowl).

 
After Malad Gorge, I visited another small but beautiful park known as Niagara Springs. I wonder why?
 
 
 
After Niagara Springs, it was to the other side of town for Balanced Rock. more than 40 tons of stone balanced on a pedestal a couple of feet across. You can see the size compared to the visitors coming back from it.
 
 
Don't be standing next to or under it when it finally goes...

 
I've hardly had a chance to look at anything I've shot, but I think it will work out well from the few I've seen. The weather is going in and out, so the base jumping off the Perrine Bridge could be a big success or a dud.
 
No, I'm not going to stand underneath and catch one. Once they jump off the bridge, they're on their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment