Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Charley Brown moment...

After a couple of attempts to solve the Yampa Bench Road, today was to be the day. I drove to the eastern end (50 miles) then followed Yampa Bench into the country.

I have to admit, it was lovely country for cattle and horses:

My favorite guide book had said that there was a side road that led to a spectacular view of the Green River, which runs between the red sandstone cliffs and that white formation in this shot:


Charley Brown raced down the hill and headed for the football. Ah, but Lucy yanked it away! A chain was rigged across the crucial side road with a big sign that said, "Road Closed."

Score: Yampa Bench Road 53, aging moron still 0...

Still.I couldn't waste that sunny sky!  I raced to the Blue Mountain overlook, where signs complain bitterly about California's air pollution drifting here and reducing the visibility.



This was also a day to revisit Harper's Corner. I felt like sir Edmund Hillary!

Split Rocks was also bathed in warm colors, so I did a panorama to capture it.


Winding down today before the long drive to Vegas tomorrow. The sky is clear! Woo-woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment