Friday, May 25, 2012

SNOW?????????????

I suppose that is the final indignity when you come here just as their season opens. I overheard a conversation in which snow was mentioned in a town 30 miles away.
Sure enough, a few hours later I was in a flurry. Fortunately, the guardian angels did their thing and the skies cleared.

The 90-mile long Flaming Gorge reservoir was formed by building the Flaming Gorge Dam:

Behind the dam, the lake stretches its sinuous way North.


Driving North on a great sweeping road, I stopped (between snow flurries) at some sublime overlooks. One of the most impressive is that at Red Canyon:


There is a promontory between that view and this next one, so it won't all go in one big panorama. I hate falling from great heights.


Yes, a pair of speedboats were cruising down the Green River as it flows Southward toward where I was in my last post. After taking that shot, I headed North on the highway toward where the snow had been reported. I did take a couple of videos, but they are too depressing to show.

Instead, here's a view from a mountain about 30 miles North of Red Canyon:


As you see in some of these, I was really dodging clouds looking for any breaks to get some color in the images,

Just stepped outside to look at the new day, and saw--clouds. Sigh. At least there's no snow yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment