Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Desperately searching for Fall colors...

Well, yes, they're around--up at 10,000 feet! This was near Breckenridge ski area. The Dillon Reservoir surface is at 9,000 feet. The surrounding hills tower up another thousand feet or more.

I'm hoping that over the next few days the color moves down to drone-flyable altitudes.


 
When I get some nice sunshine on all these hills, I'll have the GoPro and my Canon for HDR images   ready.
 
 
By the way, since my new motel here in Canon City has a fast wi-fi, I'll add some of my nice Grand Junction videos flying above the Colorado. This is a small lake next to the Colorado near the town of Fruita.
 
 
This is near that lake near Fruita, where a road enters the West end of the Colorado National Monument, flying up to view the Colorado River looking West, then East:
 
 
And a leisurely flight above the peaceful Rifle Reservoir:
 
 
It's raining at the moment. Let's hope that means Sun tomorrow!
 
 Meanwhile, I'm staying at a very comfortable motel at which I seem to be the only customer.
 
Hope this isn't the Bates Motel...
 
The motel is run by a very pleasant Japanese man--I realized after a while that his clientele probably all arrive in big buses filled with Japanese tour groups. Group travel is their preferred mode of overseas travel.
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment