Sunday, September 13, 2015

Conditions deteriorate for drone videos...

A cloudy, hazy day with poor illumination compared to the past two days.

But--the BASE jumpers were on the bridge, and so was I.

It turns out that the man named Sean is Sean Chuma, instructor and principal of the school Tandembase here in Twin Falls . That's Sean in the promo pictures http://tandembase.com/  Any man that has done  2,000 parachute jumps and 3,000 BASE jumps is fine with me. Since the wind and clouds have grounded me, I'll try to slooooooowly upload some BASE jump videos. Good luck with that.

When I get home, these will go up on my web site in HD, meanwhile, I'll try to get some up in my 'Most Recent' gallery at http://divexprt.phanfare.com/2015/. In the meantime, sorry for the quality problem in the rendering.

Sean is here at the Perrine Bridge with students, running a four-day class which ends tomorrow. He and his charges work hard at this. Alertness and conditioning are vital. Remember I mentioned that tough climb back up from the river up to the parking area? I'm told Sean does it in six minutes. 'Nuff said.

Here's the man, showing how it's done:

 
Here, Sean does an acrobatic jump:
 
 
If the weather eases, I'll be back out tomorrow, looking for that really artistic jump...
 
I have one more day in Twin Falls, then it is off to Driggs and the Grand Tetons for a few days.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome footage Carl! It was a pleasure meeting you in Twin Falls over there weekend. I am throwing together a video of my BASE jumping trip and would love to include the footage you captured of one of my jumps (the 26 second clip with the red white and blue canopy). Would you be willing to provide me with the file?

    ReplyDelete