Sunday, September 6, 2015

A lovely waterfall--and a required pit stop...

The day began calm, so I went to Perrine Coulee Falls around the corner from the Perrine Bridge (who was that Perrine guy, anyway? http://www.divexprt.com/HDRphotography/Idaho%20Trip%202014/BaseJumpersOffBridge/BaseJumpersOffBridge.html  He's the one upper left in the bowler hat).

In any event, the falls is in a sheltered alcove, so I launched and took in from the road level up to where eagles fly. Gorgeous view up there!

 
Imagine the power to erode stone that water has!
 
 
There are very nice homes on the rim of the butte above. They and the drone have quite a view--Centennial Park, the Snake River, and around to the right in the second picture of these next two, the Perrine Bridge.
 
 
I stood on that big hill in the center to shoot the images of the kayakers and the bridge yesterday. You can hardly make out the bridge in this morning light, but its image is reflected on the water surface at the far right.

 
Since I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll download a short clip of the falls, and see if it takes until bedtime...
 
 
Now the bad news. Had a hard landing with the Inspire yesterday and broke a strut on the airframe. Don't ask. It doesn't matter what happened or why, it is always the pilot's fault. After the landing, I tried a takeoff, and could see the right rear engine wobbling. That is what we highly-trained professionals call a 'clue.'
 
Requires a brief excursion to the repair facility in Vegas, where I hope they will execute a NASCAR pit stop in world record time. Then I will whip back up here and resume the adventure.
 
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
Winston S. Churchill
 
“We are all worms, But I do believe that I am a glow worm.”
Winston S. Churchill
 
 
 
 
Thanks, Winston. I needed that...

No comments:

Post a Comment