Friday, June 19, 2015

Wrapping up the adventure...

Time to begin the trek back to Vegas, where I can sort out 120 Gigabytes of material.

Yesterday the perfect blue skies prompted me to go over to Panguitch Lake:



The day was made for taking videos by with the drones and entertaining the fishermen, so I launched the Inspire:

 
Certainly is a lovely view from up here--and it is a good-sized lake!!
 
 
For a complete contrast, these views are from Red Canyon, which one drives entering or leaving the West side of Bryce Canyon National Park:
 
 
The cliffs and hoodoos here are as colorful and dramatic as any within the national park, and you can stand right next to the road and launch your drone! An excellent place to expand one's collection!
 
 
So far, the drones have performed flawlessly. Perhaps the pilot is getting the hang of it all.  A fourteen-year-old could have mastered it in a week, of course. I was somewhat slower.
 
 
 
We'll see what adventures unfold on my final day today! I wanted to go South of Grosvenor Arch on Cottonwood Canyon Road, but I tried it a couple of days ago and you need an ATV to get over that storm-ravaged roadway. It would not be a good place to get stuck--very remote.

No comments:

Post a Comment