Friday, June 12, 2015

Turning water into wine?...

Miracles come in many forms. For example, how can I say I had a wonderful day when these were the scenes from mid-afternoon on my way back to my bed-and-breakfast room?

Remember the view from Head of the Rocks on the first day?


Well, here's how it was yesterday afternoon:

 
Ever wonder what happens on a great cliff like that when it rains?
 
 
Or even worse:
 
 
Then how did I have a good day? Simple. The guardian angels had me seventy miles away down the Burr Trail, forty-five miles of road which was basking in sunshine!
 
 
That's the Phantom's view from above this section of the Trail. Here's a quick video clip:
 
 
Then I drove further South, to one of my targets for this whole trip.
 
If you are the pioneer cattleman John Atlantic Burr, born in 1846 on  ship crossing the Atlantic, how do you get your cattle up and down this cliff?
 
 
Why, you build a gigantic switchback road, of course!
 
 
In the good weather (at least out here in the middle of absolutely nowhere), I put the Inspire up.  Here's a short selection from a couple of long videos:
 
 
The forecast is for the hurricane remains to begin clearing out today. Fingers crossed.  Meanwhile, a bonus for the faithful Toyota and commendations for the guardian angels...
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment