Friday, June 19, 2015

Final bulletin from Bryce Canyon...

A wonderful morning which deteriorated into wind and hazy-bright thin clouds after Noon--but by then I had shot some satisfying material.

 I'll take what I can get before leaving for home early in the morning.

First, I hit the Mossy Cave Trail overlook as the early Sun graced the hoodoos:




 
Then it was a few miles West to Red Canyon, an interesting drive to a very rich area for drones!
 
 
The Inspire took off with enthusiasm!
 
 
What a place! and easy to fly from little clearings right next to the highway...
 
 
Finally, just for fun, a Phantom flight up from Chimney Rock to scan the white cliffs which form the outer borders of Kodachrome Basin.
 
 
This trip was an on-the-job education in the superiority of the Inspire drone over the Phantom in any kind of wind. I didn't hesitate to put the inspire up any time, but I was instinctively careful with the Phantom, and felt the wind start moving it on a couple of flights. The Inspire, on the other hand, was  rock solid, always remaining in position.
 
Off to Vegas at Dawn. Back to real life...

No comments:

Post a Comment