Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Evacuated myself to Bryce Canyon area...

Too much storm damage is too much; it got to where I was having another road closed due to storm damage each day--so I took off and am now operating around Bryce. Suddenly I have wireless Internet and lots of new subjects.

First, while catching up on the blog is impossible at this point, I'll try a few highlights and do a complete development when I get home.

First, from my classic Gullies of the World series!

 
There were lots--and I mean LOTS--of those, but they had to be tackled to reach my targets!
 
 
On a quiet Sunday morning and with no people anywhere, given the condition of the roads, I launched the Inspire. I have long clips of these, but the blog can only handle short uploads:
 
 
What fun!
 
 
 
 
On another day I went down the Notom Road (the eastern border of the Capitol Reef National Park) for forty miles:
 
 
 at the end, I found the switchbacks dozing in the Sun:
 
 
So I launched the Inspire in dazzling conditions to show the scale of this accomplishment of the 19th Century:
 
 
Saw plenty of incredible scenery around Capitol Reef between rainstorms, but got tired of every afternoon deteriorating into rainstorms and moved on:
 
 
Today, after giving up on the roads near Capitol Reef, I drove to Bryce and went to the Grosvenor Arch, twenty miles southeast of Bryce Canyon:
 
 
This formation actually has a double arch:
 
 
so I launched a Phantom to examine it more closely:
 
 
Dropped by Kodachrome Basin State Park today. Prime drone-flying place which I hope to cover tomorrow.
 
The Kid is back!

 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment