Saturday, June 13, 2015

The storm passes...

Sunny skies make all the difference, and they came just in time, because I'm packing up the faithful, much-abused car to move on.

Thursday was a grand day to photos and video, so I hit places like The Most Beautiful Road as it swept below Head of the Rocks:

 
Then I drove eastward across the Hogback Road toward Burr Canyon.
:
 
 
What skies! This was a day to go to the end of Long Canyon on the Burr Trail and look back at the Grand Staircase!
 
 
Then back through Long Canyon toward my main target for the day, the Devil's Garden:
 
 
After all that red, iron-rich stone, there is a huge set of hills near Boulder with almost no iron and a completely different color scheme. This was a place for the Phantom's wide-angle lens!:
 
 
 
Now for the Hole in the Rock Road, heavily damaged by the recent gullywashers from the hurricane remains. Sure enough, a huge gully had been carved and I knocked a rear panel off the faithful Toyota getting across.
 
Still, Escalante is a neat place, and I have visited many of its sites before  http://www.divexprt.com/HDRphotography/Escalante/Escalante.html
 
Devil's Garden, like nearby Goblin Valley,, tweaks your imagination to where you see huge animals in the stone formations.  http://www.divexprt.com/HDRphotography/Escalante/3DevilsGarden/DevilsGarden.html
 
This was a place to put the Inspire up!:
 
 
Then, descending to get a bit closer:
 
 
Finally, I capped off the day by going to Escalante's reservoir:
 
 
A perfect place to see from the Inspire!
 
 
All in all, a wonderful day to catch up before moving on to Torrey, near Capitol Reef National Park.
 
Everybody is happy but my poor car:
 
 
I think it used to be a Toyota...
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment