Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The weather clears, but only slowly...

Still, waking to a clear morning puts spring in the step. I take off for my morning rendezvous with the Wild Buck. Sure enough, he's right there at Talbot Lake:


I have to get closer! easing down through the brambles, I rip my legs open, but:


Even around Jasper, the majestic mountains are beginning to be visible, though blotched with cloud shadows. The day will be spent dodging clouds again, but it is well worth the effort. I wish I had another day with fully clear skies, but this morning I begin the drive South to Banff:

 
A hundred kilometers South, I check out the dusting of new snow on all the high mountain tops from the recent weather:
 
 
I have hundreds of picture sets to make wide-screen panoramas, but time is short, so anything I show here is just a sample of each place. These are amazing vistas when the sunlight hits them:
 

Along the way and especially around Jasper, there are dozens of beautiful lakes nestling in the forest. These are Annette Lake and Edith Lake, which were practically devoid of people when I photographed them:

 
 
Heading back into Jasper, I find that the Athabasca River is always with (the road was built in the river's valley) which makes for nice scenes such as the mountains of Jasper with the milky waters of the river flowing below:
 
 
Finally, not to be outdone by the Wild Buck, the Big Horned sheep family are in their accustomed place, people watching again. There were a dozen cars and RV's here, and the sheep just watched with a bored expression:
 
 
Lots of driving today, so perhaps the blog won't be posted for a day or two (that will be a good sign)...
 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment