Thursday, August 22, 2013

The power of sunlight...

My friends were right about the glories of the Canadian Rockies--it just took sunlight to see them. The final morning in Jasper dawned with the first clear skies after ten days of clouds, and what a difference!

After the obligatory breakfast with my close friend Buck:


I took off to capture the images which have been eluding me. First, Sunwapta Falls, which flows past a small island before plunging into a deep gorge:
 
The day was a sprint. So many places to capture while the sky was clear! This is Waterfowl Lake:


As you can imagine, the Columbia Icefields gleamed in the Sun with their new coat of snow from the recent weather:



and a lake I had been hoping to see in ideal conditions was all one could have wished. This is the view of Peyto Lake from the Bow Summit:

 
Mountains, mountains everywhere!
 
 
Our old friend Bow Lake seemed positively invigorated!
 
 
As I neared Banff, a member of the local aristocracy came out to greet me:
 
 
A new beginning, and not a moment too soon! Off to find more subjects today--I have a long list!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment