Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bidding a fond farewell to Moab

I have done a lot of traveling in Utah, and Moab seems to have the greatest concentration of different subjects to photograph.

And--that is not even to mention all the varied hardbodies one sees each day--river rafters, mountain bikers, rock climbers, hikers. Mix those with all the white-haired park visitors and it is a rich brew.

Alas, it's time to hit the road. Yesterday ended it with a another triumph of sunshine. First I went up in the mountains to take a last look out over Canyonlands:
A quick stop at Park Avenue in Arches was next, to see the tiny people in the vast scene:
Then a quick run up the road to visit Sandstone Arch, framing more tiny people:
On the way back to the motel, I had to take a quick drive out on Route 128, the route of the Colorado as it flows through the town:
Following the river to the East one revels in the long series deep canyons we also see from atop Grand View when we are in Canyonlands:
Let me leave you as I head for the highway with a calm moment from yesterday afternoon. A fitting finale to a superb week.
I'm outta here!

No comments:

Post a Comment