Sunday, September 18, 2011

Among the joys of being home...

While I obviously love being on the road shooting pictures, it is nice to get home to a big, powerful computer which handles my panoramas. Some scenes are simply too big for a single shot, no matter how wide the lens. Instead, I shoot several vertical shots which Photoshop then stitches together.
I also have time when at home to look at the videos I never have the time or energy to watch when traveling. This is the view from Dead Horse Point:
Last year when I went to Moab the mountains had their first snow. This year I went a month earlier, and the view was sublime. This is a horseshoe bend in the road that climbs the mountain group.
.
Then there were the immense vistas one sees from atop the Island in the Sky, the plateau that makes up the northern sector of Canyonlands. This is the view eastward from Grand View: toward the Manti-LaSal mountains:
And only a couple of miles away on the West side of Grand View is the Green River overlook:

Until the next adventure!...

No comments:

Post a Comment