Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Great Basin National Park

It was a long day and it's time to sleep but Great Basin is a small but beautiful park. The main attraction that towers over the landscape is Wheeler Peak, 13,000 feet high.
I was thrilled to discover that my estimate of when the Fall colors would begin was accurate. My guardian angels did it again. All during the day the colors seemed to be changing before my eyes,
This weather is supposed to hold for several days, and the colors, now above the 10,000 foot level, should spread across the high slopes.  It is gorgeous up there:
I'll be watching the colors spread and going into the Lehman Caverns tomorrow afternoon. Now, i'd better get some sleep! This day started at 3:00 A.M.!
The personalized Cavern trip will be late tomorrow, so I may not get online until Thursday...

No comments:

Post a Comment