Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wheeeeeee!...

Had a coaching session this morning with Jason from Drones Plus. Very valuable.
 
Then I went to my very own (borrowed) helipad and launched!   Selfies are now passé, dronies are the new new thing.
 
 
The Gimbel system on the Phantom's camera is very impressive. If you hover the drone, you get a pretty steady video image:
 
 
But enough of me. I then took the Phantom over to Calico Rocks in Red Rock Canyon, where my kids have enjoyed happy climbing. The biggest problem still is making out the image on the Android screen in bright sunlight. Jason tells me everyone struggles with it.
I would have liked the camera angled a bit higher here (and could have done it with the touch of a fingertip), but couldn't see the problem til I got home.
 
 
Further up the road is another overlook of the Calico formation. Now that I've had a try at these cliffs,  I'll get them again on a day with proper sunlight and more piloting experience.
 
 
 
I'm still trudging up the learning curve, but I can see the sunlit uplands now...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment