Thursday, July 24, 2014

Look, Ma! I'm a bird!...

This was my third day of flying the Phantom and first day working the on-board camera. I took it to nearby Red Rock Canyon, and let 'er fly!
 
 
Since I'm still a newbie, I did some unambitious hovering and panning, just to get the idea of the camera's powers and controls.  I only used the joysticks--I'll move up to the gyro control soon, where just moving the Android phone steers the drone..
 
After the video of the take-off, I tried a still photo:
 
 
Pretty cool. Then I went back to video, hovered at 200 feet or so, and slowly panning across the scene.
 
 
Inevitably, we have to land, so fasten your seat belt and let's go for it!
 
 
Of course I stuck the landing. Ye of little faith lost again. Captain Sully Sullenberger II knows what he's doing.
 
Well, let's not get carried away here. At least he has learned some basics. I'll try new things and places and build my flying skills. It's like buying a terrific underwater camera but not having the diving skills to get close to the marine life.
 
More adventures to come!
.,

No comments:

Post a Comment