Thursday, July 31, 2014

Glorious!...

First, I should dedicate yesterday morning's videos to Alpine ski jumpers everywhere.
 
After getting advice from Thomas A. Edison, I modified the skids so the camera wouldn't see them, then went to the Valley of Fire.
 
When this drone photography works, it's awesome. The learning curve is steep, but the payoff is worth the pain.
 
I think.
 
 
That was in an open area a half-mile or so from Elephant Rock. When I tried to film the Elephant itself, the Phantom couldn't see enough satellites to navigate. So it sat on the road, searching the sky,  until I gave up and moved. Sigh.
 
 
From this open area along the road, the Phantom was able to lock onto enough satellites to look back fondly as I steered it.:
 
 
 
This is indeed a Valley of Fire. This is looking East, across Elephant Rock; in the distance is a portion of Lake Mead. Beyond the lake lies Arizona.
 
 
This does show what the drone can do.  Having spectacularly colorful parks nearby helps a lot. I still a lot to learn, though.
 
The adventure continues. I hope.
 
.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment