Saturday, September 22, 2012

Three days of wonder...

This has really been quite amazing. On my third day here in the Colorado Rockies, I followed a hotel staffer's tip and raced southward to the San Juan Mountains, between Ouray and Silverton. Long drive, but he was right when he said it would be worth every minute!


I hae miles of video, but trying to upload it defeats the hotel wireless. Saturday night. No matter--I'll show it all when i get home.

As you see, the hills are alive with color! after two mornings priot to today fighting the 'Cold War' at freezing Maroon Bells at dawn, this was a pleasure! Running around in a light shirt even at this altitude!



Oh, did I mention crystal Lake outside of town?


A complete change of scenery tomorrow (have to see what weather develops), then pack tomorrow night to drive to Rocky Mountain National Park Northwest of Denver Monday.






No comments:

Post a Comment