Monday, September 24, 2012

Into every life some rain must fall...

Day 5 introduced me to the Colorado weather conundrum. The Coloradans want it to SNOW, while I want nice sun for my pictures. Today was all over the place--patches of sunlight, huge clouds, rain, sleet,

Still, I got to map out all the attractions for what I hope will be sunshine in coming days.

The main drive goes up into these tall peaks:

The foliage is beginning to turn, and will only get better over the next few days:


Gore Point is a spectacular overlook high up near the clouds. I'll pray for sun to do a panorama that will knock you over! In this shot you can see the big cloud racing in.


So, I dodged and weaved all day, grabbing any picture I could: This is from the Rainbiw Point overlook:


Just to add a golden oldie, here is a brief clip of Maroon Bells showing the water almost like a mirror!


Praying for sun. Please...

No comments:

Post a Comment