Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 7-Mother always said there'd be days like this



The day started with dull rain and never got much better. So, I took off for Alberta Falls, a mile out in the wet woods: Thank goodness for the umbrella!

It's a nice, big. noisy falls, and gets louder as you draw closer:



Scrambling on the wet boulders, I had a brief hallucination about toppling into the torrent.

It would be quick. Think of it as 'becoming one with Nature'...



As the rapids flow down from the falls, we see in the distance a hillside alight with aspens


Ah, but the day got worse! When I tried to drive to the summit--the roads were closed!


Sigh. Well, at least the skiers are smiling...


Now, how could I possibly cap off such a day? Well, a 2-cent plastic tie wrap on my camera bag broke as I was hiking near those falls. The bag fell on the rocks and broke my main camera lens.

Never say that the life of a photographer isn't fun. I'm taking a detour over to Boulder in the morning and buy a new one.

Off for more adventures!! (????)

No comments:

Post a Comment