Thursday, September 27, 2012

Day 8-Shooting with a broken lens is hard to do...

Another day of fighting the weather as well as the busted lens.  As solace, one of the locals greeted me with unrestrained enthusiasm . I'm a rock star for elk...


Early in the day, I went up into the clouds and fog (the roads to the summit are closed for the winter, I suspect) to shoot the big peaks. I must confess, they are far more beautiful when covered in fresh snow.



Fourteen thousand feet or so, towering above the meadows far below. Imagine the Himalayas, which are twice as high.

The beauty is mesmerizing. You can see why (crazy) men climb mountains!!



Rainbow Curve is the highest overlook before encountering the closed summit road. From here you look down on Sheep Lakes  and the collapsed dam site known as the Alluvial Fan. 



It's a shame the weather has been so lousy, because the place is beautiful in the sun:



Off to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison River, after picking up a new lens. I can't hold this one together any more. Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment