Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Propitiating the rain gods...

So far, the guardian Angels are ahead, 2-0. I'm not bragging, I know better,

Geri Murphy called to tell me it was pouring in Vegas this evening. Please--keep it there; they can have my share.

I was up on top of these immense overlooks this morning:
The views were so wide that it will take a half-dozen pictures stitched together to express it. This is just a small segment from the point known as the Anticline Overlook until I get home and do my panoramas:
Here's another small sample from the point known as the Needles Overlook. In the far distance is The Island in the sky portion of Canyonlands National Park--I shot some satisfying images from those cliffs two years ago.
The Fall foliage is still a riot of color wherever there is water nearby:
Another amazing feature of this entire part of Utah is arches made of sandstone chipped and cracked by freezing and thawing water.Arches National Park is just north of town.

So--when you are near Moab, arches seem to be everywhere!
  This is Wilson's arch:
And on the way back to town, I saw a little side road and followed it to the Hole in the glass:

Forecast for tomorrow is--rain. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment