Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Day 1 in Moab, Utah...

The weather forecast when I left home was ugly, and when I came up into the mountains of Utah it was into thick clouds. Uh-oh.
Fortunately, by the time I hit the road to leads to the wedge, also known as Utah's Grand Canyon, the Sun came out.
It isn't as big or colorful as the Grand Canyon, but it is huge in its own right. The panoramas and videos I'll process when I get home may do it justice.
 A bonus is the Fall foliage. the yellow in the first picture above isn't shrubs,--far down in those deep valleys there are large aspen trees in gorgeous yellow. With the buttes behind them at sunset as in this second picture, it is gorgeous.
 Below is the Colorado River carving Red Canyon along Route 128; that road runs along the river for 25 fabulously scenic miles:
 Any road you travel has immense, towering red sandstone formations, some topped with castles or towers.
 This is the  Fisher towers as the Sun is going down. I took a lot of shots of free-standing towers here that are magnificently scenic.
All in all, a helluva first day when I was expecting a disaster.

Forecast for tomorrow is rain. Guardian angels, get to work!!

No comments:

Post a Comment