Monday, October 25, 2010

Home in one piece. I think.

Delighted to be home, though the drive across Utah today was spectacular. The weather broke at a crucial moment, and I got some good shots I haven't processed yet.

For a treat, though, how about some flying lawnmower videos? This was the one morning when the Sun really came out, and there were lawnmowers everywhere!
That fabulous scene may have you wondering--but what the heck do you do after two or three hours when you want to land? It turns out that gusty winds really blow these things around, and landing them is an art.

The experienced pilots make it look easy, but after watching some students make several unsuccessful attempts, I have a great respect for these men.

60 Gigabytes of data to process, but I look forward to every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment