Thursday, October 21, 2010

It was a tough game, Mom, but we lost...

Think of me as General George Custer. I'm standing here with the bodies of my guardian angels all around, and the hostiles are closing in.

There was brief sunshine this morning
However--it was a delusion and a snare. The blue sky began to fill in with white: I quickly drove over to Potash to drive the deep valley before the clouds got there.
What I really wanted was to drive the Manti-La Sal Mountain drive, whose peaks rise 12,000 feet above the desert ten miles South of Moab.
Unfortunately, I met the Rain God up there. I would have killed for sunshine, as you will see:
The birch trees were in full color, as some began dropping their leaves.
Despite the heavy cloud cover, there was color everywhere.
Sun! Sun! My kingdom for a Sun!...
 The forecast is for two days of rain! I may never see this scene with a clear sky!
General Custer, signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment