Sunday, January 25, 2015

Little Finland yields to persistence and perseverance...

I was too stubborn to let Little Finland keep me out, so I kept at it until I found an easy entrance on the North end of the mesa.  The road to the left here leads up to where all the formations are found. They are cut and shaped in that darker sandstone visible on top of the lighter-colored mesa.
 
 
I'm standing on the cliff edge next to some of the 'creatures' here. My car is out there at the bottom of the road up here:
 
 
For a look at the animals, I flew the Phantom drone up from the desert floor. Some of the creatures are right on the crest of the cliff:
 
 
Here is a still image of a group of these sculptures taken from the drone:
 
 
Here are just a few of the many formations atop the mesa.  First, a 'monster' looks down on the scene:
 
 
Next, a parade of--well, whatever...
 
 
And I think of this one as 'What's chasing that dog?'
 
 
 
 
 
 
There are more of these creatures and drone videos of their home on my web site www.divexprt.com 
For the moment, click on Most Recent. Later we'll have the complete galleries in the national park section of the site.
 
Little Finland is large, most of a mile long. A good part of it is covered with the darker sandstone which has been sculpted by the wind and weather.
 
You can also hike in from the South end. The path leads up from this corral to the mesa off to the left:
 
:
 
Look forward to exploring for more sculptures on future visits!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment