Wednesday, September 24, 2014

The Sierra in the Fall...

Arrived in June Lake after some adventures on the road. With the afternoon at hand, I went to some places that get good afternoon light (most spots here are best in the morning). I wanted to see if the foliage had begun exhibiting Fall colors at the higher elevations.

Yes!

 
Next I followed my friend Rick's directions up the Log Cabin Mine Road for a high view of Mono Lake. He said it was a grand view, and it was!
 
 
I shot some GoPro on the way down the bumpy road, but discovered a bug splat I hadn't seen, so I'll have to go up there again. Sigh. I want to show just how many times the road switches to give successive view of the lake as I drive down.
 
Until I get a replacement, pardon the splat!
 
 
It's only the first day of ten, and I need sleep badly. Tomorrow, as they say, is another day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment