Saturday, September 27, 2014

Oh, never mind...

I spent hours praying for the wind to stop, but somebody screwed up the order. Instead of 'No wind!,' they delivered, 'Add cold, snow and rain to the wind!'


At Ellery Lake, the waterfall accented a mountainside of snow. I'll spare you the sound track on this video--it would blow you away!

 
Since a lot of the scenic places I yearn to shoot were obscured in clouds and low mist, I went to the ruins of the Chemung Mine for a change of pace. I guess this is what happens years after the ore runs out!  http://www.ripleysghosttowns.com/chemung.html
 
There are a lot of strange people in California...
 
The ruin from the ground is big and definitely ruined. The snow adds a final macabre touch. I'd like to come back in bright cheerful Sun and get the buildings with the distant snow-capped mountains to the West as background. No chance of that today. It rained for a while soon after I took this picture.
 
 
Despite the dangerous weather and wind I couldn't help putting the Phantom up to take a look from above:
 
 
Beggars can't be choosers. We shoot what we can, when we can. I'll add a 'Farewell to Chemung' for my buddy who keeps recommending these places.
 
 
Oh, well. I can always look at past pictures to see what it's like around here when the Sun is shining. This was Silver Lake from its Eastern end yesterday:

 
It is pouring as I write this. Perhaps I shall have a hot toddy while I enjoy my fireplace.
 
 
Hoping to see the Sun again one of these days. Waitress, about that order...




No comments:

Post a Comment