Sunday, October 4, 2015

Yesterday began as badly as prior days--fog, drizzle, complete overcast. I was on the verge of canceling the rest of my trip, but stubbornness won out.

I drove West for forty miles along the Arkansas River. Highway 50 follows the river toward the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.

After ten miles, the clouds evaporated, the blue sky spread from horizon to horizon, and color erupted. everywhere. At pullouts which offered good landing areas, I put the Inspire drone up for forays up and down the river. Here are a couple of samples, but the day's clips are at my 'Most Recent' gallery at http://divexprt.phanfare.com/2015/


That is the Vallie Bridge, which I then viewed from the sky. First I sent the drone toward the East:

 
Then, of course, I had to bring in back toward the West and over the bridge:
 
 
Here's another flight over bucolic farmland. These are all I'll put here, but would-be drone pilots and masochists can visit the 'Most recent' gallery. Again, that is at http://divexprt.phanfare.com/2015/...
 
 
I suspect that yesterday was one of those perfect days between storms, because the forecasts have been uniformly lousy. We'll see when the Sun comes up this morning!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment