Friday, October 2, 2015

Looking for good weather in all the wrong places...

I did get one break today. When I went in the afternoon, the wind was howling at the Royal Gorge bridge. Flying the drone yesterday when it was windless was a happy decision. Today I did the walking bit:

The bridge is impressive from any angle! You can walk across and stare back at the span:


Or be lucky, as I was, and have a convenient train pass far below while you watched!

 
Woo-woo!!...
 
 
They have zip lines and cable cars strung across the gorge, but it is now off-season, so nobody was riding them. They also have a giant swing hanging from this frame. One shrieking female rode it a couple of days ago, but I've seen none since.
 
 
Earlier, I went back to the Garden of the Gods hoping for better sunlight. Good luck with that. Even at mid-morning the light wasn't much. This the first of the main formations we encounter, with the Kissing Camels atop it:
 
 
Actually, I came in early in the morning and put the drone up, but was almost immediately accosted by one of the Pothead State's employees.
 
 
Dropped by Balanced Rock:
 
 
and the Central Garden before getting out of town:
 
 
The weekend forecast is ugly, so I'm racing off to new targets today. Guardian angels under great pressure...
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment