Monday, October 5, 2015

Captain Drone bails out...

.and heads for home. No more fighting dreadful weather chasing elusive patches of Sun. No more having the drone banned by bureaucrats! Goodbye, Colorado!

To be realistic, there seems to be bad weather across huge sections of the country. What I struggled to get through only seemed personal to me.

Having decided to bail out, I drove west from Canon City, over the mountains and then through the Curecanti Recreation Area, flying the drone over the twenty-mile-long lake under bleak skies. I'd have killed for bright Sun! This first clip is toward the center of the largest lake in Colorado, Blue Lake:

 
And this section of the lake is found at the western end, right next to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison:
 
 
And wouldn't you know? I had patches of bright sunlight in areas East and West of Curecanti, but not at the lake!
 
 
 
Well, I'll never visit this state again, but at least I leave with a few colorful memories!

Overnighting back in Grand Junction, and will take the drive across Utah to Vegas tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment