Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Day 4 produces more pieces of the hot air ballooning story...


It is worthwhile  to spend several mornings observing the balloonists. Gradually, I'm accumulating material which will come together in a storyline when I have it all.

The wind didn't cooperate this morning, but I did get the rollout of the balloon's bag from the truck.

 
Another piece of the story is the rise of the balloons to full vertical position as the bags fill..
 
 
Unlike Day 3, today's wind pushed Gary's balloon away from me and behind the other balloon.  Nothing to do but chase the balloons as they drifted away.
 
 
Time to make my Inspire's most distant flight! I put on my Red Baron scarf and goggles and hit the throttle.
 
 
Tomorrow morning, I have to remember to get a video of warming up the blowtorches. They are impressive in the dawn light, and even in these videos when fired in the air.
 
 
Having a blast with the friendly crews. They've made my work a lot easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment