Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 2 in Sedona...

Moving swiftly because the weather forecast is ominous, I raced around Sedona today to video some unusual targets with my drones. Not only is rain in the forecast, but today was plagued from my old nemesis on my Canada trip--smoke from big fires.

This formation, Chimney Rock, is quite near my motel, so I went there first thing in the morning and put the Phantom up:

 
Then I went to Back O' Beyond Road and put the Inspire drone up to video the morning side of Cathedral Rock:


Taking advantage of some morning sunlight, the next target was in Upper Sedona--the Wilson Mountain region:

 
On day I, I stopped by the Midgly Bridge on my way South from Flagstaff, but the wind was too strong for the drones. Today the wind was pretty weak, so I put the Inspire drone out over the cliff to view the bridge and Oak Creek Canyon from the air. Note that the formation known as Steamboat Rock sits on the hilltop high above the bridge.
 
 
We see it above us as soon as the drone lifts off:
 
 
 All of the traffic coming into Sedona from the main East-West Highway 40 passes this point just North of Sedona:
 
 
 
Yes, I know. It's only a bridge.
 
 
OK, enough bridge traffic. When I was here a few years ago, I went up Schnebly Hill Road to take some shots back at the formations which tower above the town. I guess there's been some heavy rain (and no road repairs) since then. Oh--and I only put up this short clip, but there are miles of this...
 
 
That's the price you--er, your long-suffering car, pays for scenery like this:
 
 
 
Off for more flying, if the weather forecast is wrong... 



No comments:

Post a Comment