Thursday, October 30, 2014

Wrapping up today..

The weather has been incredibly good, but the nights are cold and Dawn is coming later each morning. I had a terrific day yesterday, so I'm finishing up and heading home tomorrow

Still can't send videos, but some stills will suggest how nicely it has gone. This is the scenic Castle Valley from the La Sal mountains:

 
Moab was drowsy in the morning sunlight, seen here from a restaurant with a location, location, location:
 
 
Early in the morning, I went to a man-made lake called Ken's Lake:
 

Nice view for sure, but since it was so calm, I put the Phantom up:

 
Definitely complements the ground view, and you should see the video!
 
Given such good conditions, I headed for the Colorado River, just North of town:
 
 
The river is only at 4,000 feet elevation, so I went twenty miles East and as far West, looking for drone-flying sites. Wish I could show the videos, but I'll be lucky if these come through!
 
 
That is Big Bend on the Potash Road to the West of town.  Now, turning the drone to the West:
 
 
Keep driving down Potash Road, and you come to another of a thousand bends in the river:
 
 
Potash Road runs to the West. If you go just as far to the East in the Red Canyon section, you find another Big Bend. This view looks back toward Moab::
 
 
And if we spin the drone 180 degrees and look East:
 
 
That's it. The wireless has gone down twice while I was doing this, so I'll be home tomorrow and regroup.
 
It was worth the struggle--wait til you see the videos!
 
 
 
 
 
:
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment