Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Except for very unreliable Wi-fi, all working out well!...

Had a pleasant day South in the Needles section of Canyonlands.  Nothing sensational, the Fall foliage is fading and stone formations are stone formations.


Far in the distance is the Island in the Sky portion of Canyonlands, where the spectacular cliffs are.


As I said, stone is stone, even when it is the Wooden Shoe Arch:

 
There were still some patches of aspen near stream beds:
 
 
Some kind of water is a prerequisite, it seems: 
 

 
 
I stopped at the Looking Glass Arch:
 
 
I climbed up to the rocks just outside the arch, but remembering my terrible fall at Hope Arch in June (the left arm still hasn't recovered), I stopped there.
 
 
Off to a couple of interesting areas today, then will head home on Friday. Email will be spotty, at best...
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment