Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nice day in high altitude...

Today I drove North a total of three hours each way, but with many photo stops. Finally, I'm seeing some larger groves of colorful trees, and hope the Fall colors will finally arrive before I run out of days. Tick, tick, tick...

This is a nice grove atop Monitor Pass. Almost all of the color so far has been quite high. For my purposes, I need that change to spread down near Mono Lake.

 
At the farthest point of my drive, I stopped in at Lake Alpine, nearly deserted and placid after the end of its season:
 
 
For the rest of the ride, I enjoyed high mountain vistas and zillions of fir trees:
 
 
There were lakes everywhere, including this one--which had a small welcoming committee!
 
 
 
Lots more, but no time to process them until I get home. We'll call this the 'lakes' trip, because there were so many!
 
. This is a small reservoir right beside the road East of
Ebbetts Pass:
 
 
Finally here's Topaz Lake on the main North/South route East of the Sierra.
 
 
 
 
Tomorrow, the real search for Fall colors--now that they are finally appearing! I'm down to three days!!...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment