Sunday, June 22, 2014

Driving Indian Route 12...

After yesterday, this was a day to avoid exertion.

I drove from Window Rock North on Indian Route 12, eventual destination a soothing lake with scattered campers and fishermen on the shore. A beautiful place to listen to music, read or just relax.

 
Along the drive going up to Wheat Field Lake I had noticed dozens of sandstone formations. The morning light was behind them, so I made a trip back in mid-afternoon. I have lots of panoramas to process, but I'm too wiped out to do a decent job on them.
 
Here are a couple of samples, this one on a curve in the road. It will be the left of a panel of three that I'll merge:
 
 
Here's the Great Eye of Sauron:
 
 
I think the Balrog is the one on the left.
 
That's it for today, a very successful haul. By the by, while I was taking that picture on the curve, the little Red Wagon with the flashing lights came screaming by.
 
Makes one think...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment