Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Getting in gear for the Supermoon eclipse...




The Supermoon eclipse was as much of a wonder as I had hoped it would be. I stood under the stars atop the Colorado National Monument, along with a retired State Trooper named Larry. We wouldn't let each other quit until we had gone through totality.

I had gone through a very long day, but with his help I persisted until 10:00 P.M. before I fled to get some needed sleep after we got images of the beginning of the Moon's emergence from totality.

I have another low bandwidth problem in this motel,  so I'm praying that this sequence of much-downsized images makes it through the upload and hints at the marvel millions witnessed. I have all these as originals, plus many more of the full-sized shots, so it was a successful shoot.
:




 




 



 


 



 
Then today, what was left of me hit the road to Rifle and flew over the Rifle Reservoir. I'll take the plunge and see if the bandwidth can deliver the video version of that flight. Otherwise, it's a still photo to hold the fort 'til I get home.
 
Later bulletin: After uploading all night, a short video still wasn't uploaded. This is more pathetic service than in Twin Falls!
 
Here's a still from the Rifle reservoir video:
 
   
 
Then from Rifle in the East I drove to Fruita in the West of Grand Junction to fly the Inspire over the Colorado River and a number of side lakes and agricultural water storage ponds near it. The first clip is looking toward the East, the second West.
 

 
 
The remarkable thing this year is how late the Fall foliage is. I've seen some nice patches of color far up on the higher mountains, but none in the areas in the valleys where I was flying.
 
 Stay tuned for the videos until after I get home. Sigh.
 
Out of here soon for new adventures!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment